Day 25 - Yeast

A better day today! In fact a good day.... This world pandemic has a habit of changing people's moods as frequently as we wash our hands these days. Today is a good day for many reasons, the main one being I have the perfect excuse to write an extra list for the day.....

- I got a Tesco delivery slot! (Yes, I feel guilty as I can actually go the store, but I am a regular Tesco delivery receiver and have been for the last 10 years, so surely loyalty should count for something. Plus, with only 80 items allowed per slot, I have filled up on basics and can now do smaller shops in person for a while until I am able to get another slot in 6 months time).
- Got to see mum from the gate for 10 mins (this a good thing but second to getting a delivery slot, sorry mum).
- There was a bag of flour and a packet of biscuits waiting for us at the gate on our arrival, which we quickly scooped away whilst jumping back, before breathing any Corona germs 12 meters down the driveway where mum cowered as we approached the goods.
- I put a post out yesterday asking if anyone had a bike suitable for a 12 year old for sale (with the promise of safe payment and collection) and many people offered one for nothing! We went for the first person who offered (and I happen to know) and we picked it up earlier. So lovely of people to offer, and it really meant a lot.
- The above means we can go further afield than the local lake!
- It has been on the news we can now drive out for a longer walk. (Note to self, make a list of places nearby, but not to far away, where we can drive for a quiet walk).
- Had a great Zoom call with lovely fellow business owners this morning and it really helps to talk to each other about how this is affecting us all.
- It is the Masterchef final tonight!
- I had beef Hula Hoops for breakfast because I wanted to.
- It is homemade pizza and film night tonight. (Note to self, use 5g of the precious yeast that is left for pizza dough instead of the recommended 7g).
- It is the weekend tomorrow and as much as the days all merge in to one at the moment, I am determined to keep weekends as weekends, which means less "work", more family time, an enforced board game or 5, and Prosecco.
- I found a tube of tomato purée hiding at the back of the cupboard.
- I have downloaded the PC version of The Sims for Mia which means she is spending loads of time on that instead of on her phone with headphones on, so I can mostly communicate with her. And at least she is building a successful community instead of tying out endless TikToc dance moves.
- My roots are no longer grey.
- I have finished a good book and have started a good book.
- It is clean bed sheets night.
- I have bothered to put make up on today.
- I still can't buy yeast anywhere, so have ordered some from Amazon which will hopefully arrive from China sometime before Christmas 2021.
- We are all still here and healthy.


(Pic of of a beautiful sky over Clifton Moor)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 47 - VE Day

Day 8 - Survival lists

Day 1 - Universal Credshit......